Hello and happy Tuesday. Thanks so much for joining us. We do appreciate it!
This week’s challenge comes from the incredible A.S. Fenichel:
Lately I’ve been thinking about the story themes that turn me on and inspire me. List your top ten favorite story or plot themes. It can be anything from Dragons to friends to lovers.
Here are the ones I love best:
- Time Travel – History has always been one of my favorite subjects and recognizing it is about people and the lives they lived is fascinating. I also love doing research and if I could witness it firsthand – well, that would be amazing..
- Enemies to Lovers is always fun as the progression in their love affairs unfold.
- Serial killers and the people that investigate them and bring them to justice.
- Ghosts and entities that reach across time to help and protect us. In fact, I just wrote a novel about that very thing in “Stay With Me”.
- Court intrigue during the reign of Elizabeth the First. So much going on and such an amazing queen.
- Mythology – so many stories originated in the tales from the ancient Greeks and Romans and they are a wonderful starting point for so many stories.
- Poverty and hardship to success is always fun. Sometimes with a little revenge thrown in. Like “The Count of Monte Cristo” or “Cinderella”.
- Good versus Evil is a universal theme that can be utilized in a thousand (or more) different ways.
- Villain to hero or villainess to heroine. The whole redemption thing is always fun.
And last but not least…
- Us against the world. When two people have to join forces to fight wrong or wrongdoing. Something that tests their mettle and their strength and how they come out stronger together.
I’m sure there are many more, but just writing this list inspired me to start another novel.
Now let’s hop over to Clair Brett…
But first, check out this bookfunnel promotion!
Dealing with the Viscount: Grab your free copy today